Sunday, January 9, 2011

Finally, a post!

I know, it's terribly shocking. I am actually updating my blog.

See, what happened was that I was waiting to update my blog until the new year, so that I could outline my new year's resolutions. This proved to be unsuccessful, obviously, since it is now the 9th of January and I am just now  posting. Another problem was derived from the fact that I have yet to come up with a new year's resolution.

I also have been home on break as of late. I always enjoy being home, but something about this break has had a beautiful peace to it. Not only have I been able to see my friends, family, and attend church, but I have spent most of my time relaxing at home. Simply baking, or watching TV, etc. It's been absolutely wonderful. The people I live with at school do not relax; it just doesn't happen. Whenever they have free time in their schedules they fill it with work for the future, extensive studying, etc. Sometimes, I just need to relax. The horrible part is that most of the time they don't understand why I want to relax, and I get crap for it. This semester, however, I have decided I am going to try to continue to relax. I want to spread the optimism I like to live by, and I want to try my hardest to bring God's love to people through positive thinking.

Maybe that is my new year's resolution. There! I came up with one. See? Ha!

I also want to bake more. For Christmas I received more things for baking, and I want to hone this craft which makes me happier than I have been in a hobby in a while. At some point, I want to have a small business where I make baked goods for events, such as birthday parties, weddings, etc. I really want to do some sort of event like that, but I really need to learn how to make buttercream flowers and work with fondant. But I will not buy Wilton products unless absolutely necessary, since they are absolute crap. Soooo, I want to take a couple classes in cake decorating and hopefully use that to build on the skills I already have.

I also got a new cake cookbook for Christmas, which I plan to test out soon (get ready roomies!). I already tried one recipe (with a twist), and it was a hit. Sorry, didn't take pictures. But, they were chocolate and vanilla cupcakes, with chocolate and vanilla frosting, and each had a peanut butter cup inside and chopped peanut butter cups on top. They were delicious!

Also, have made a couple of batches of cake balls since those last ones, and man o man, the things I have learned! I want to do some experimenting in the cake ball department too. We shall see! I will try to take lots of pictures the next time I go on a baking endeavor! :)

1 comment:

  1. So, you live in Wellness, right? And those communities have to do occasional programing, right? Maaaaaybe your next Wellness event should be about the importance of relaxation for health :)

    AlsoL http://www.instawares.com/white-rolled-fondant-2lb.atc-s10012.0.7.htm?LID=GGLE&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=ATC-S10012

    ReplyDelete