Wednesday, December 1, 2010

it's the most wonderful time of the year

Well, it used to be. I remember a time when Christmas season was literally my favorite thing ever. But I guess the stress of regular life permeated into this Utopian illusion was bound to happen sooner or later. Finals are going to kill me. Well, all of this last minute end of the semester crap is killing me. I just have no motivation to do it anymore, and I just want to go home and bake and make ornaments and sit by the tree singing Welcome Christmas (that cute little song the Who's sing in How the Grinch Stole Christmas). Of course, at my house, this song is sung on a regular basis, so it would be probably be okay to sing it out loud too.

But in any case, I am super in love with a new blog! Of course, it's not here on Blogger, but it's a private blog chronicling a woman's journey through experimental baking. She just wrote a book that I bought on sale at Target, so I checked out her blog, and I'm in love. It has now been added to the toolbar of things I check everyday. I can't wait to go home and start experimenting with her recipes!!

I also have been thinking lately how I need to find a good baking outlet of sorts. Not only somewhere to bake and make lots of bakelicious things, but a literal outlet, as in outlet store. Somewhere where I can buy good marzipan, fondant (like Satin Ice or Fondarific), Gourmet writers, etc. Seriously. Not the Wilton crap either, because their products are absolutely dreadful. But no, seriously. Come on CT/NH.. gimme an outlet!!

3 comments:

  1. dunno about the ingredients, but you can find good tools on restaurant supply websites. I've ordered a few things from katom.com (like awesome cookie sheets!), and I know there are others. you might be able to find websites geared specifically towards bakeries that have what you want....a quick google of "bakery supplier" brings up quite a few hits.

    ReplyDelete