Tuesday, November 16, 2010

i need a tranquilizer

Honestly, I think I need a tranquilizer. I have a dentist appointment in a little over a week, and I have been flipping out about it, as per usual. I have this horrendous doctor phobia, which is ever more so amplified when it comes to dentists. Then today I was looking up the doctor who will eventually take my wisdom teeth out, and I literally could not breathe. I think when I do have them out, I'm going to have them put me out. Most definitely. 

I am not even looking forward to Thanksgiving because my appointment is the day before it, so I just want school to go by slowly so I don't have to go home for it. There is something seriously wrong with that. I mean, most people are a little anxious about the dentist, but I think I take it to a whole new level. 

Please pray for me. I am having trouble even focusing on my school stuff because I am so worked up about it. 

I know where it comes from, but there is really nothing I can figure out to lessen this anxiety I have been dealing with for years. 

As a child, I never feared doctors. I didn't care what they did. I think it's because I was so accustomed to them. I had bad asthma and allergies, so I went to the doctor all the time. Then in eighth grade, I got diagnosed with scoliosis and had to have a root canal after a complication from having braces. It all came in such a whirlwind, and I still consider that to be one of the darkest times of my life. 

Ever since then, I have been literally terrified of doctors. I cannot overcome the fear that impedes me from seeking help if ever a problem is to arise. You'd think that after so many years of therapy I would have figured out some sort of solution by now. 

1 comment:

  1. Having your wisdom teeth out is something they knock everybody out for.

    ReplyDelete