Friday, February 18, 2011

So my life begins.

Today is another one of those first days for me. Today begins my diet.

After a very fat Valentine's week, I went to my closet yesterday to figure out what I wanted to wear for the day. After looking through everything, I said to myself, "I would look fat in anything in here". That was it. That was the point where I realized, something needs to change. I am not comfortable with myself, and I am overweight. So, today begins the first day. I am going to try my darndest to stick to this.

So, I reactivated this online food journal I had in high school, and I plan to count calories, take vitamins, hopefully squeeze in some exercise. I lost 15 pounds last summer, I know I can do this. Of course, I've gained it all back since then, but my current goal is to lose 35 pounds. I want to feel comfortable with myself, and gain the confidence that I so desire. I want to be able to go into my closet and pick out something because I want to wear it that day, not because it's the only shirt that won't show my love handles. I want to stop feeling like the fat friend. I want boys to look at me because I'm gorgeous, not because I'm unfortunate looking. I want to be able to honestly say that I feel beautiful. As of right now, I can't.

My goal date is my 21st birthday, June 4th. That is only 3 months and 14 days away! I need to stick to a 1,500 calorie diet with 700 calorie burning occurring through exercise. I can do this. I am asking whoever reads this to support me in this. I want to be free of this monster, I want to love myself, and I feel that this is the way to do it. I will be healthier both physically, mentally, and emotionally.

I want to start my 22 year of life feeling amazing, and leaving this behind me. Here it goes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment